Wednesday, September 29, 2010

#PLENK2010 Feedback Is So Helpful

Thank you to everyone who has commented on my blog.  It is heartening to know that others care.  People in Newfoundland are showing us the way in terms of disasters.  We're cheerfully carrying on with cleanup and helping one another, too.
   Don't know why, when I put in a link you get the computer talk, too, in the RSS.  I do take it out in my blog.
   This course has helped distract me from the dangers ahead.  Our BC Hydro power may go out in two weeks if we don't get deisel to fuel the generators.  The run-of-river intakes were completely fouled up on the experimental unit.  I guess they are happy to have the technical experience of disaster to help prepare for future installations.  It's a poor wind that blows nobody good, as they say.
   A lost hiker was rescued yesterday.  He'd been wandering around since Sunday.  A pair of hunters, on the other hand, were found, but they didn't want to be rescued; they were happy campers, enjoying the adventure.  Hope it stays that way for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment